Artist Bio

A Colorado native, Lauren Anderson grew up in Littleton and Boulder, and graduated from Fairview High School. She has always been interested in the healing arts, and though she was trained as an esthetician, she utilizes Reiki, aromatherapy, reflexology and homeopathy to provide her clients with holistic renewal with every treatment. She grew up loving to draw and paint and after high school began using painting as a way to relieve anxiety and express her innermost thoughts and feelings. Poetry was another medium she used to give form to her experiences, her perspectives and the wisdom of her soul. Both her poetry and her artwork now reflect a style and form born of her patience for experimentation and the journey to methods that best expressed the ideas she wanted to convey.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

evolution



I'm at a time in my life
where letting go seems to be the theme.
So I painted how it looks in my head
and how confusing it feels in my heart.
This is my vision of separation
my sight of distortion.
Some lines are clean and clear
but the change
the elements that are fading
and dissolving
remain fuzzy
during the transformation that is taking place.
 
I've realized that the pain of letting go
isn't attached to a person
or a relationship.
the hurt is born from the visions, hopes and expectations we hold on to
What is difficult to let go of
is what we create
what we have "seen" in our future
and what we have hoped for
not what we "have"
or have "had."
 
So as I navigate through a fuzzy life
I hold on to the sharp corners and curves
as they represent the parts of my life or myself
that won't change or go away
and I will wait for the fuzzy
to morph into new dreams
new experiences
and new relationships.
 
an ever changing life
an ever changing reality
an ever changing dream
my evolution