Artist Bio

A Colorado native, Lauren Anderson grew up in Littleton and Boulder, and graduated from Fairview High School. She has always been interested in the healing arts, and though she was trained as an esthetician, she utilizes Reiki, aromatherapy, reflexology and homeopathy to provide her clients with holistic renewal with every treatment. She grew up loving to draw and paint and after high school began using painting as a way to relieve anxiety and express her innermost thoughts and feelings. Poetry was another medium she used to give form to her experiences, her perspectives and the wisdom of her soul. Both her poetry and her artwork now reflect a style and form born of her patience for experimentation and the journey to methods that best expressed the ideas she wanted to convey.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

CIRCUS

 

In a busy mind
With spinning thoughts
And constant change
My world can feel like a circus
Chaos and confusion find me occasionally
The colors of my world vary
Change
Intensify
And dim


The ebb and flow of friendships
Love and loss
Happiness and sadness
Keep me on my toes
Flipping and twirling around each and every obstacle
Walking tight ropes
And building my strength for the acrobatics I perform.


The intensity
The excitement
The movement
The drama
And the fear
All make me feel crazy sometimes
But free at all times
To do and be
Whoever I need to be
To cope
To deal
And to eventually laugh
And enjoy
My circus, My life.