Artist Bio

A Colorado native, Lauren Anderson grew up in Littleton and Boulder, and graduated from Fairview High School. She has always been interested in the healing arts, and though she was trained as an esthetician, she utilizes Reiki, aromatherapy, reflexology and homeopathy to provide her clients with holistic renewal with every treatment. She grew up loving to draw and paint and after high school began using painting as a way to relieve anxiety and express her innermost thoughts and feelings. Poetry was another medium she used to give form to her experiences, her perspectives and the wisdom of her soul. Both her poetry and her artwork now reflect a style and form born of her patience for experimentation and the journey to methods that best expressed the ideas she wanted to convey.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shelter

Shelter

Shelter definition
noun

1. Something that covers or protects; protection, or place affording protection, as from the elements or danger
2. The state of being covered or protected; protection; refuge
3. That which covers or defends from injury or annoyance; a protection; a screen.
4. One who protects; a guardian; a defender.
5. The state of being covered and protected; protection; security.
6. To be a shelter for; to provide with a shelter; to cover from injury or annoyance; to shield; to protect.
7. To screen or cover from notice; to disguise.
8. To betake to cover, or to a safe place; -- used reflexively.
9. To take shelter.

This is how you make me feel.

Protected.
Nourished.
Covered.
Surrounded.
Safe.
Defended.
Held.

At a time in my life
when pain and heartache consumed me
I sought shelter in your friendship
I indulged in your presence
and I continue to crave your company

As time does what it does best
and allows my heart to heal
I remain in this space you have created for me
by your side
and in your life
that nourishes me
teaches me
and means the world to me.

I am forever grateful
for you, my shelter, my Pete

"Shelter"
SOLD
3' X 4'
$500.00 Framed
Prints are available!!